Mat Qualification Course – Jun-Jul 2023 – Isofit, Hong Kong
Become a Pilates Mat Teacher! The Mat program provides instruction in Pilates principles, techniques and practice with emphasis on group dynamics for the Pilates Mat.
Mat Qualification Course – Jun-Jul 2023 – Isofit, Hong Kong
The full Professional Mat Course is comprised of 5 parts. They must be taken in the following order: Gateway Pilates Online, Gateway Mat 1, PP Online, Mat Intermediate, Mat Advanced. Successful completion of the series will enable participants the opportunity to gain qualification by sitting for the Mat Exam.
|Gateway Online||Must be Done Before Gateway Mat 1|
|Gateway Mat 1||03-04 Jun 2023|
|PP Online||Must be Done Before Mat Intermediate|
|Mat Intermediate||08-09 Jul 2023|
|Mat Advanced||30 Jul 2023|
Access to Polestar online material is included in your course fee, although there is a validity period (time limit) on the length of time you will be able to access the online material. For more information on this, please see our terms and conditions.
- Mat exercises for beginning through advanced levels
- Dynamics of group training
- Program design and exercise sequencing
- Advanced cueing skills
- Exercise modifications for a variety of populations
- For those that want to become a Pilates Mat Teacher!
- The health and fitness professional who is interested in basic instruction in the use of Pilates Mat exercises to supplement their current practice. From personal trainers, to Yoga instructors to physiotherapists, this could be the perfect programme for you.
- Teachers who want to add Pilates to their reportoite in order to get the best out of their students - Physical Education teachers, Ballet teachers can all add another string to their bow!
- For Pilates Enthusiasts who want to experience Pilates at a deeper level. This will enable you to understand Pilates exercise in greater detail, leading to improved and more effective Pilates workouts at the studio or at home.
- For Comprehensive Graduates who want to gain some knowledge of group (Mat or Reformer) teaching, and vice versa.
- Gateway Pilates Online - This three hour on-line training is a requirement for all who attend any of the Gateway Pilates training courses. The on-line course consists of three lectures: Pilates history and evolution, Polestar movement principles and professional ethics and scope of practice. Each of these sections is followed by a brief written exam on-line.
- Gateway Mat 1 (GM1) - This two-day Pilates experience will teach you how to provide four basic Pilates Mat classes comprised of preparatory and original Pilates Mat exercises. The Gateway educator will provide ample experiences for real time practice of each of the 4 Pilates Mat sequences.
- PP Online - This non-apparatus online course applies current research in movement science, biomechanics, kinesiology and motor learning to instructional practice through six basic movement principles that are utilised throughout the Polestar curriculum.
- Mat Intermediate (MInt) - This 2-day course module adds depth to what was learned in Gateway, and teaches 25 Mat exercises. The six basic Polestar Pilates Principles are incorporated into the learning process, to provide a clear understanding of the underlying fundamentals of each mat exercise. Programme design and exercise sequencing are addressed for a variety of group exercise and personal training settings. Verbal, tactile and imagery cues are used to facilitate motor learning.
- Mat Advanced (MAdv) - This course module brings it all together. On top of learning 19 Mat exercises, Polestar Pilates Principles are applied to verbal, tactile and combined cueing. Programme design and exercise sequencing are discussed for a variety of clients and class settings. To enhance teaching outcomes, Polestar instructors provide analysis and critique of instructional styles.
Polestar Online - As a Polestar student you will have access to a significant amount of valuable course material through the Polestar Online platform (the material granted depends on the course that you have registered for). Access is included in your course fee, although there is a time limit on the length of time you will be able to access the online material. This offers students access to this valuable study resource up until the time they sit the exam. For professional courses, students are encouraged to take the exam 6-8 months after the original last course module. Students who choose to sit the exam at a later date (up to 1 year after the original final course module) may have to pay an extra fee in order to maintain access to the online material. More details can be found in our terms and conditions here. You may also need to check with your host, as there may be country specific terms and conditions of enrollment. 北極星線上課程 - 作為北極星的學生，你可以通過北極星在線平台獲得大量有價值的課程材料（授予的線上課程取決於你所註冊的課程）。訪問權包括在你的課程費用中，儘管你能夠訪問線上課程的時間有限制。 這為學生提供了使用這寶貴學習資源的機會，直到他們參加考試。對於專業課程，我們鼓勵學生在最後一個課程單元結束后6-8個月參加考試。選擇在晚些時候參加考試的學生（在最後一個課程單元后一年內）可能需要支付額外的費用，以保持對線上課程的訪問。 更多細節可以在我們的條款和條件中找到。由於可能有國家特定的入學條款和條件, 你可能需要向你的主辦方查詢。
- Early Bird Discount of 10% if you register with deposit payment 3 months before the start of the course.
- Early Bird Discount of 5% if you register with deposit payment 2 months before the start of the course.
- Further discounts for Second and Third Polestar course available - please check with us.
- Re-sit discount available - please check with us.
- Already trained with another school? Transition discounts available - please check with us.
- Hong Kong, Iso Fit
- 03 Jun - 30 Jul 2023
- 9 AM until 6 PM
- Duration: 178 hours
- Polestar Pilates Mat Qualification (After successful completion of Mat Exam)
Breakdown of learning hours:
Online (13 hours)
Course Attendance (40 hours)
Self-Mastery and Observation (75 hours)
Apprentice Teaching (50 hours)
- 25 hours of private or group Pilates classes
- Basic knowledge of Anatomy or Anatomy Course.