Become a Pilates Reformer Teacher! The Reformer program provides instruction in Pilates principles, techniques and practice with emphasis on group dynamics for the Pilates Reformer. The Pilates Reformer program consists of 3 two-day (16 hour) course modules.
Prices and Registration
Gateway Reformer Module – Aug 2021 – In Motion, Hong Kong (Cantonese Course 廣東話課程)
Language: Cantonese Only, for English please see Iso Fit HK courses.
You have heard about the benefits of Pilates. It greatly enhances the quality of life and health in those who practice and teach regularly. You know you would like to be a Pilates Teacher and at the same time you find the investment of time and money to be overwhelming at this stage of your professional development.
Gateway Reformer consists of 2 sections. They must be taken in the following order: Gateway Pilates Online, Gateway Reformer. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of each course. Please note that these courses are Intro level courses and are not qualification courses. Completion of the Gateway Reformer component will enable the participant to go on to the full professional Reformer qualification.
||Must be Done Before Gateway Reformer
||28 – 29 Aug 2021
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Correctly demonstrate each exercise and its progressions
- Understand the benefits and emphasis of each exercise
- Adapt exercise sequences for diverse populations and group classes
- Use the Polestar Screening to problem-solve
- Design and implement a successful exercise or treatment plan using the Pilates reformer
- The health and fitness professional who is interested in basic instruction in the use of Pilates Reformer exercises to supplement their current practice. From personal trainers, to to physiotherapists, this could be the perfect program for you.
- For those with limited time, limited resources or to prepare for a full professional Pilates teacher training.You know you want to become a Pilates teacher – this is the perfect first step on the road to full qualification.
- Teachers who want to add Pilates to their reportoite in order to get the best out of their students – Physical Education teachers, Ballet teachers can all add another string to their bow!
- For Pilates Enthusiasts who want to experience Pilates at a deeper level. This will enable you to understand Pilates exercise in greater detail, leading to improved and more effective Pilates workouts at the studio or at home.
- For Comprehensive Graduates who want to gain some knowledge of group (Mat or Reformer) teaching, and vice versa.
- Gateway Pilates Online - This three hour on-line training is a requirement for all who attend any of the Gateway Pilates training courses. The on-line course consists of three lectures: Pilates history and evolution, Polestar movement principles and professional ethics and scope of practice. Each of these sections is followed by a brief written exam on-line.
- Gateway Reformer (GRef) - This two-day Pilates experience will teach you how to provide four basic Pilates Reformer classes comprised of preparatory and original Pilates Reformer exercises. The Gateway educator will provide ample experiences for real time practice of each of the 4 Pilates Reformer sequences.
For Prices please click the Prices and Registration Button above.
Click Here for Payment Instructions and Hong Kong Payment Plan
- Further discounts for Second and Third Polestar course available - please check with us
- Re-sit discount available - please check with us
- Already trained with another school? Transition discounts available - please check with us
- Hong Kong, In Motion
- 28 - 29 Aug 2021
- 9 AM to 6 PM
- Duration: 186 hours
- Polestar Reformer Certification
Breakdown of learning hours:
Online (13 hours)
Course Attendance (48 hours)
Self-Mastery&Observation (75 hours)
Apprentice Teaching (50 hours)
- 25 hours of private or group Pilates classes (recommended).
- Basic knowledge of Anatomy or Anatomy Course.