Become a Pilates Mat and Reformer Teacher! The Fitness Combo provides instruction in Pilates principles, techniques and practice with emphasis on group dynamics for the Pilates Mat and Reformer
Prices and Registration
Fitness Combo (Mat & Reformer Qualification Courses) – Dec 2021-Mar 2022 – In-Motion (English Mat Course) & Iso Fit (Reformer), Hong Kong
The Polestar Fitness Combo is a special package combining the Polestar Mat and the Polestar Reformer courses in their entirety at a special discounted price.
All the material contained in the Mat and Reformer courses will be covered in the Fitness Combo (including, Gateway Online, Gateway Mat1, Gateway Reformer, PP Online, Mat Intermediate, Mat Advanced, Reformer Intermediate and Reformer Advanced). Students taking the Fitness Combo will need to sit both the Mat and the Reformer examinations separately.
The Fitness Combo is the perfect way to become a Mat and Reformer teacher in a time and cost-efficient manner.
Successful completion of the series will enable participants the opportunity to gain qualification by sitting for the Mat and Reformer Exam.
||Must be Done Before Gateway Mat 1
|Gateway Mat 1
||4-5 Dec 2021
||Must be Done Before Intermediate
||8-9 Jan 2022
||22-23 Jan 2022
||13 Feb 2022
||26-27 Feb 2022
||19-20 Mar 2022
- Mat exercises for beginning through advanced levels
- Dynamics of group training
- Program design and exercise sequencing
- Advanced cueing skills
- Exercise modifications for a variety of populations
- Correctly demonstrate each exercise and its progressions
- Understand the benefits and emphasis of each exercise
- Adapt exercise sequences for diverse populations and group classes
- Use the Polestar Screening to problem-solve
- Design and implement a successful exercise or treatment plan using the Pilates reformer
- For those that want to become a Pilates Mat and Reformer Teacher!
- The health and fitness professional who is interested in basic instruction in the use of Pilates Mat exercises and Pilates Reformer exercises to supplement their current practice. From personal trainers, to Yoga instructors to physiotherapists, this could be the perfect programme for you.
- Teachers who want to add Pilates to their reportoite in order to get the best out of their students - Physical Education teachers, Ballet teachers can all add another string to their bow!
- For Pilates Enthusiasts who want to experience Pilates at a deeper level. This will enable you to understand Pilates exercise in greater detail, leading to improved and more effective Pilates workouts at the studio or at home.
- For Comprehensive Graduates who want to gain some knowledge of group (Mat or Reformer) teaching, and vice versa.
- Gateway Pilates Online - This three hour on-line training is a requirement for all who attend any of the Gateway Pilates training courses. The on-line course consists of three lectures: Pilates history and evolution, Polestar movement principles and professional ethics and scope of practice. Each of these sections is followed by a brief written exam on-line.
- PP Online - This non-apparatus online course applies current research in movement science, biomechanics, kinesiology and motor learning to instructional practice through six basic movement principles that are utilised throughout the Polestar curriculum.
- Gateway Mat 1 (GM1) - This two-day Pilates experience will teach you how to provide four basic Pilates Mat classes comprised of preparatory and original Pilates Mat exercises. The Gateway educator will provide ample experiences for real time practice of each of the 4 Pilates Mat sequences.
- Mat Intermediate (MInt) - This 2-day course module adds depth to what was learned in Gateway, and teaches 25 Mat exercises. The six basic Polestar Pilates Principles are incorporated into the learning process, to provide a clear understanding of the underlying fundamentals of each mat exercise. Programme design and exercise sequencing are addressed for a variety of group exercise and personal training settings. Verbal, tactile and imagery cues are used to facilitate motor learning.
- Mat Advanced (MAdv) - This course module brings it all together. On top of learning 19 Mat exercises, Polestar Pilates Principles are applied to verbal, tactile and combined cueing. Programme design and exercise sequencing are discussed for a variety of clients and class settings. To enhance teaching outcomes, Polestar instructors provide analysis and critique of instructional styles.
- Gateway Reformer (GRef) - This two-day Pilates experience will teach you how to provide four basic Pilates Reformer classes comprised of preparatory and original Pilates Reformer exercises. The Gateway educator will provide ample experiences for real time practice of each of the 4 Pilates Reformer sequences.
- Reformer Intermediate (RefInt) - This 2-day course module adds depth to what was learned in Gateway, and teaches a number of Reformer exercises. The six basic Polestar Pilates Principles are incorporated into the learning process, to provide a clear understanding of the underlying fundamentals of each Reformer exercise. Programme design and exercise sequencing are addressed for a variety of group exercise and personal training settings. Verbal, tactile and imagery cues are used to facilitate motor learning.
- Reformer Advanced (RefAdv) - On top of learning these Reformer exercises, Polestar Pilates Principles are applied to verbal, tactile and combined cueing. Programme design and exercise sequencing are discussed for a variety of clients and class settings. To enhance teaching outcomes, Polestar instructors provide analysis and critique of instructional styles.
Click Here for Payment Instructions and Iso Fit Hong Kong Payment Plan
- Early Bird Discount of 10% if you register with deposit payment 3 months before the start of the course.
- Early Bird Discount of 5% if you register with deposit payment 2 months before the start of the course.
- Further discounts for Second and Third Polestar course available - please check with us.
- Re-sit discount available - please check with us.
- Already trained with another school? Transition discounts available - please check with us.
- Hong Kong, In- Motion & Iso Fit
- 4 Dec 2021 - 20 Mar 2022
- 9 AM until 6 PM
- Duration: 362 hours
- Polestar Pilates Mat Qualification Certification and Polestar Pilates Reformer Qualification Certification (After successful completion of Mat and Reformer Exam)
Breakdown of learning hours:
Online (13 hours)
Course Attendance (88 hours)
Self-Mastery and Observation (150 hours)
Apprentice Teaching (100 hours)
- 25 hours of private or group Pilates classes (recommended).
- Basic knowledge of Anatomy or Anatomy Course.