Become a Pilates Teacher! Polestar Pilates Comprehensive programs provide in-depth instruction in Pilates principles, techniques and practice, using the Reformer, Trapeze Table, Chair, Ladder Barrel, Mat and small props.
Pilates Studio Teacher Training Course – Manila
The full Comprehensive Series comprises 8 parts constituting the core curriculum. They should be taken in the following order: Gateway Pilates Online, Gateway Mat 1, Gateway Equipment, PP Online, Studio/Rehab Foundation, Studio/Rehab Intermediate, Studio/Rehab Advanced 1, Studio/Rehab Advanced 2. Successful completion of the series will enable participants the opportunity to gain qualification by sitting for the Studio or Rehab Comprehensive Exam.
Students can register for Gateway and Online modules separately (at extra cost) – please click on the “REGISTER NOW!” button to view your registration options.
The studio students and the rehab students will attend the course modules together, but the Rehab course will follow a specific track for physical therapists and medical professionals who wish to incorporate Pilates into their clinical practice.
|Gateway Online||Must be Done Before Gateway Mat 1|
|Gateway Mat 1||TBC|
|Principles Online||Must be Done Before Studio/Rehab Foundation|
|Studio/Rehab Advanced 1||TBC|
|Studio/Rehab Advanced 2||TBC|
- Identify the principles of biomechanics, kinesiology, motor learning and neuromuscular facilitation that will help in the process of critical reasoning.
- Designing training/treatment programmes aimed to problem-solve and meet client objectives.
- Understand the precautions and contra-indications of Pilates exercises.
- Programme design and exercise sequencing.
- Verbal and tactile cueing combined with imagery to facilitate accurate execution of the movements.
- Practical application of the repertoire through the use of case studies.
- Exercise modifications for a variety of special populations.
This course is intended for:
- Fitness instructors, rehabilitation practitioners and other movement teachers (eg yoga, dance) who wish to teach Pilates using all of the apparatus found in a typical equipment studio.
- The course has a specific track (Rehabilitation) for physical therapists and medical professionals who wish to incorporate Pilates into their clinical practice.
- Career-changers. Please check with us to make sure you fulfill the requirements to enable you to take the course.
This course encompasses more than 150 of the original and evolved Pilates exercises as well as hundreds of variations and modifications. Our teaching method is interactive, helping you assess the whole person - physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually. The educational approach incorporates:
- discussion forum
- labs (doing, observing, teaching)
- problem solving (utilizing case studies and deductive reasoning)
- hands-on teaching (group and individuals)
- assessment skills
- principles of neuro-linguistics (modeling, sequencing and structuring information, and maintaining appropriate learning states)
To graduate you will be required to complete, at your own expense, the required number of hours of observation, self-mastery and apprentice teaching. You will also need an educator/mentor to check-off all of the exercises listed in your course logbook for teaching and demonstration. See our FAQ for further information.
- Early Bird Discount of 10% if you register with deposit payment three months in advance.
- Early Bird Discount of 5% if you register with deposit payment two months in advance - please check with us
- Re-sit discount available - please check with us
- Already trained with another school? Transition discounts available - please check with us
- One Life Studio - Manila
- 9 AM to 6 PM
- Duration: 109 hours
- Polestar Comprehensive Qualification in Studio or Rehabilitation
Breakdown of learning hours:
Pre-Course (25 hours)
Course Lectures (109 hours)
Self-Mastery & Assignments (173 hours)
Observation & Apprentice Teaching (140 hours)
- 25 hours of private or group Pilates classes
- For Rehab Course - Registered rehabilitation professional (MD, PT, OT, DO, DC, RN and Bach. Sp Sc. / Hum Movt. and Bach. Applied Science)
- Basic knowledge of Anatomy or Anatomy Course.