Essential Skills for Empowering Yourself, Your Clients, Your Colleagues and Your Community
This 16‐hour experiential course will enhance your professional communication skills and introduce you to Participant Centered Problem Solving in Diverse Communities. Participants will examine their own worldview and that of their clients using a variety of assessment tools such as the Gregorc Inventory, and tenants from Neuro-linguistic Psychology (NLP) to enhance their understanding of their own worldview and that of their clients. Exciting opportunities to discuss difficult situations and practice conflict resolution will be provided during the course. Participants will experience role play with guidance of the instructor during a variety of case studies to learn and implement strategies for communicating effectively with clients and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
At the completion of the course, participants will:
- Differentiate among intrapersonal, interpersonal and organizational communication.
- Complete self evaluations using tools such as the Gregorc Inventory and Kleinman's 8 Questions and demonstrate interventions to enhance the understanding of particpant's own communication styles and biases.
- Complete evaluations and demonstrate interventions to enhance participant's interpersonal communication skills.
- Utilize 10 basic tenants of Neuro-linguistic Psychology (NLP) to enhance effective communication.
- Practice conflict resolution in real-life cases that participants bring forward for discussion.
- Analyze video segments and evaluate the communication behaviors of the subjects at the beginning and end of the videos.
- Adjust behavior to enhance their communicative effectiveness utilizing selected strategies learned in this workshop.
- Pilates teachers
- Physios and Rehab professional
- Fitness instructors and personal trainers
Participants will learn the answers to the following questions in this course:
- How does our perception impact our interaction with colleagues and clients?
- Did you know that the one that holds the emotion (anger, frustration, fear) is in control of the situation?
- Did you know that how you position yourself in relation to your client greatly affects how they learn?
- Do you know how to redirect a difficult situation in a class or private session?
Polestar Online - As a Polestar student you will have access to a significant amount of valuable course material through the Polestar Online platform (the material granted depends on the course that you have registered for). Access is included in your course fee, although there is a time limit on the length of time you will be able to access the online material.
This offers students access to this valuable study resource up until the time they sit the exam. For professional courses, students are encouraged to take the exam 6-8 months after the original last course module. Students who choose to sit the exam at a later date (up to 1 year after the original final course module) may have to pay an extra fee in order to maintain access to the online material.
More details can be found in our terms and conditions here. You may also need to check with your host, as there may be country specific terms and conditions of enrollment.
- Leave us your contact details, we will get back to you as soon as new dates are available.
- Schedule is not confirmed yet.
- Duration: 16 hours
- Polestar CECs: 16, PMA CECs: 16
Breakdown of learning hours:
- Polestar Mat Course or equivalent education completed.