Mary started her pilates journey with Polestar since 2008 and has been a mentor for Polestar Rehab and Studio for 6 years.
Being a physiotherapist for years in acute hospital, Mary has seen all sorts of patients in both in-patient and out-patient settings. Her interests are scoliosis, low back pain and shoulder pain. Mary has undergone official Schroth therapy for scoliosis training in Katharina Schroth Klinik in Germany, and is a certified Schroth therapist. She is also manual therapy certified with Manual Concepts after completing the full COMT course in Australia.
Mary has a master degree in Sports Medicine and Health Science. She believes in active approach in rehabilitation and would like to use pilates to assist in the rehabilitation journey of her patients.
A Polestar Educator since 2016, Mary looks forward to sharing her knowledge with many students across Asia and the world!
- Polestar mentor since 2010
- Polestar educator since 2016
- Speaker of the topic "paediatric patients with chronic respiratory insufficiency - role of physiotherapists" at 2nd Paediatric Respirology Forum 2014
- Speaker of the topic "Scoliosis and Sports" at SMART CONVENTION 2014
- Speaker of LCSD"s HK Game on the topic of "Common Sports Injuries and its Management" 2012
- Speaker of Physiotherapy Continence management in Continence Management course for Hong Kong Continence Society 2012
- Presented in International Continence Society (ICS) Beijing Conference for the topic: LBP and Urinary Incontinence 2012
- MSc in Sports Medicine and Health Science CUHK
- BSc in Physiotherapy with First-class honours HKPU
- Professional Development Diploma in Acupuncture for Physiotherapist HKBU
- Certified Schroth therapist
- Comprehensive Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Certified
- Kinesio Taping (KT1, KT2, KT3) certified
- IAIM infant massage instructor