Become a Pilates Reformer Teacher! The Reformer program provides instruction in Pilates principles, techniques and practice with emphasis on group dynamics for the Pilates Reformer. The Pilates Reformer program consists of 3 two-day (16 hour) course modules.
Reformer Qualification Course – May – Jul 2020 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Reformer Series is comprised of five sections. The courses must be taken in the following order: Gateway Pilates Online, Gateway Reformer, PP Online, Reformer Intermediate, Reformer Advanced. Successful completion of the series will enable participants the opportunity to gain qualification by sitting for the Reformer Exam.
||Must be Done Before Gateway Reformer
||09/10 May 2020
||Must be Done Before Reformer Intermediate
||13/14 Jun 2020
||11/12 Jul 2020
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Correctly demonstrate each exercise and its progressions
- Understand the benefits and emphasis of each exercise
- Adapt exercise sequences for diverse populations and group classes
- Use the Polestar Screening to problem-solve
- Design and implement a successful exercise or treatment plan using the Pilates reformer
- For those that want to become a Pilates Reformer Teacher!
- The health and fitness professional who is interested in basic instruction in the use of Pilates Reformer exercises to supplement their current practice. From personal trainers, to Yoga instructors to physiotherapists, this could be the perfect programme for you.
- Teachers who want to add Pilates to their reportoite in order to get the best out of their students - Physical Education teachers, Ballet teachers can all add another string to their bow!
- For Pilates Enthusiasts who want to experience Pilates at a deeper level. This will enable you to understand Pilates exercise in greater detail, leading to improved and more effective Pilates workouts at the studio or at home.
- For Comprehensive Graduates who want to gain some knowledge of group (Mat or Reformer) teaching, and vice versa.
- Gateway Pilates Online - This three hour on-line training is a requirement for all who attend any of the Gateway Pilates training courses. The on-line course consists of three lectures: Pilates history and evolution, Polestar movement principles and professional ethics and scope of practice. Each of these sections is followed by a brief written exam on-line.
- Gateway Reformer (GRef) - This two-day Pilates experience will teach you how to provide four basic Pilates Reformer classes comprised of preparatory and original Pilates Reformer exercises. The Gateway educator will provide ample experiences for real time practice of each of the 4 Pilates Reformer sequences.
- PP Online - This non-apparatus online course applies current research in movement science, biomechanics, kinesiology and motor learning to instructional practice through six basic movement principles that are utilised throughout the Polestar curriculum.
- Reformer Intermediate (RefInt) - This 2-day course module adds depth to what was learned in Gateway, and teaches a number of Reformer exercises. The six basic Polestar Pilates Principles are incorporated into the learning process, to provide a clear understanding of the underlying fundamentals of each Reformer exercise. Programme design and exercise sequencing are addressed for a variety of group exercise and personal training settings. Verbal, tactile and imagery cues are used to facilitate motor learning.
- Reformer Advanced (RefAdv) - On top of learning these Reformer exercises, Polestar Pilates Principles are applied to verbal, tactile and combined cueing. Programme design and exercise sequencing are discussed for a variety of clients and class settings. To enhance teaching outcomes, Polestar instructors provide analysis and critique of instructional styles.
- Beyond Movement - Malaysia
- 01 May - 12 Jul 2020
- 9 AM to 6 PM
- Duration: 186 hours
- Polestar Reformer Certification
Breakdown of learning hours:
Online (13 hours)
Course Attendance (48 hours)
Self-Mastery&Observation (75 hours)
Apprentice Teaching (50 hours)
- 25 hours of private or group Pilates classes (recommended).
- Basic knowledge of Anatomy or Anatomy Course.